The email message below was sent on June 3rd. As of today, candidates for the following five (5) HHGA officer positions are still needed:
(1) President, (2) VP-Competitive Events, (3) Recording Secretary, (4) Director at Large Position #2, (5) Director at Large Position #3.
To be included on the Ballot, names of candidates need to be received prior to June 29th (15 days prior to the Annual Meeting). Although nominations from the floor are allowed, prior notice demonstrates a statement of courtesy to the voting members.
Send names to email@example.com
Melvyn Douglass, vice-Chairman
Wednesday July 13th 2016 is the designated date for the HHGA annual General Membership meeting. Agenda items are expected to include reports of officers and the election of officers for 2016-2018. Five (5) positions are expiring; the new term being for 2016-2018:
- VP-Competitive Events
- Recording Secretary
- Director at Large Position #2
- Director at Large Position #3 (still vacant the entire year).
Current Board Members are:
- Page Periman (as Recording Secretary 2014-2016)
- Jeanette McBee Douglass (as Membership Secretary 2015-2017)
- Christopher Graham (as VP Site 2015-2017)
- Guinness Collins (as VP Ways/Means 2015-2017)
- Heather Smith Vacker (as VP Competitive Events 2014-2016)
- Joan Hunter (as Director at Large Position #1 2015-2017)
- Fran Woodruff (as Director at Large Position #2 2014-2016)
- Melvyn Douglass (as Treasurer 2015-2017) (also Vice Chairman as of 6/23/2016)
- Daniel Lester Smith (as Life Member prior to July 1996)
- President 2014-2016
- Director at Large Position #3 2014-2016
- should HHGA dissolve
- should HHGA continue into 2016-2017. If membership consensus favors continuing, a revised operational focus would include creating/supporting smaller events and gatherings throughout the year (e.g. highlighting St Andrew’s Day, Robert Burns birthday, Tartan Day, whisky/whiskey tastings).
- In addition, should HHGA continue with a revised format, it has been proposed that non-officer Board position titles be converted to simply “Director”.