Houston Highland Games Association extends an invitation to attend its annual General Membership Meeting on Wednesday 13 July 2016. Current members, past members, prospective members are all invited to join us for a friendly, informative meeting!
This meeting will be held at 7:00 pm in the Ingram Room of St. Thomas’ Episcopal School, 4900 Jackwood, Houston 77096 (the conference room is situated along the North side of an open patio area)
Agenda items include:
- Receiving annual reports from the officers and/or standing committees
- Resolutions for vote consideration:
- Dissolve HHGA by Fiscal Year ending 31 July 2016 and dispose of assets per Article XI Section 5
- Continue HHGA with a revised operational format focusing on creating/supporting smaller events and gatherings throughout the year (e.g. highlighting St Andrew’s Day, Robert Burns birthday, Tartan Day, whisky/whiskey tastings).
- Elect officers of the association for the 2016-2018 term.
Nominated officers (as of 28 July 2016) for the 2016-2018 term are:
- President – Timothy Sanders
- Vice President Competitive Events – open
- Recording Secretary – open
- Director at Large Position #2 – Norman Crawford
- Director at Large Position #3 – Joseph Spencer
There are no known changes to officers continuing to serve their 2015-2017 terms:
- Vice President Site – Christopher Graham
- Vice President Ways/Means – Guinness Collins
- Membership Secretary – Jeanette McBee Douglass
- Treasurer – Melvyn Douglass
- Director at Large Position #1 – Joan Hunter
Note #1 – Additional nominations from the floor, with prior approval of the candidate, are permitted.
Note #2 – Members desiring to vote must have their dues current at least 24 hours prior to this meeting. Payment may be processed at houstonhighlandgames.com
Note #3 – Please contact me for corrections or addendums to agenda items or to the proposed slate of officers.