HHGA will hold a membership meeting on Sunday, Dec. 4th at 4 pm, at the Black Labrador. Final preparations for the upcoming Burns Supper will be discussed along with any other general business.
A cash bar will be available. Members may order separately off the restaurant menu if they wish. Please let us know if you are attending at email@example.com
From: George Webb
Date: Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM
Subject: Final reminder: Kirking o’ the Tartans this Sunday at Palmer Church
We hope to see you this Sunday Nov 20 at 11:00 AM for the Kirking o’ the Tartans at Palmer Memorial Episcopal Church:
This ceremony honors the historic connection between the American and Scottish churches and includes a “Roll Call of the Tartans.” The award-winning St. Thomas’ Alumni Pipe Band (www.stapipeband.com) will play.
All are welcome and encouraged to wear their tartans.
Founded in 1929, Palmer Church is a historic parish located between Rice University, Hermann Park, and the Texas Medical Center. For a map and parking information, see:
And please contact me directly if you have any questions.
Ceud Mìle Taing / a hundred thousand thanks!
713 269-5061 mobile
HHGA’s Annual General Membership Meeting was held 13 July 2006 at 7 pm. There were 22 in attendance: 17 members and 5 non/lapsed members. The latter being only temporarily lapsed, of course! The following actions were taken at the meeting:
Election Results for the 2016-2018 Term
- President – Timothy Sanders
- Vice President Competitive Events – Kelly Jamison
- Recording Secretary – Courtney Burns Wyatt
- Director at Large Position #2 – Norman Crawford
- Director at Large Position #3 – Heather Smith Vacker
Resolutions submitted for vote consideration:
- Dissolve HHGA by Fiscal Year ending 31 July 2016 and dispose of assets per Article XI Section 5 –Motion FAILED
- Continue HHGA with a revised operational format focusing on creating/supporting smaller events and gatherings throughout the year (e.g. highlighting St Andrew’s Day, Robert Burns birthday, Tartan Day, whisky/whiskey tastings).- Motion PASSED