The Nominating Committee, consisting of the Directors-at-Large, has been activated to consider a slate of candidates for 2020-2022. Max Triola will Chair the Committee. Max is a long-time member of HHGA and has previously served as Director-at-Large and hence the Nominating Committee. The deadline for nominations is 20 June 2020. The three members of the Nominating Committee are Max Triola <email@example.com>
Jean Pirtle <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Laurence Ching <email@example.com>,
Email the committee of any nominations for consideration, whether for yourself or for another member. Incumbents may request to be re-elected for an additional term. The positions of officers and directors in bold expire on 31 July 2020
- Melvyn Douglass, FSA Scot (President 2018-2020)
- Ron Ammons (Vice-President for Site Coordination 2019-2021)
- Robin McLeod Ingram (Vice President for Ways & Means 2019-2021)
- Heather Smith Vacker (Vice-President Competitive Events 2018-2020)
- Kelly Elliott (Recording Secretary 2018-2020)
- Jeanette Douglass (Membership Secretary 2019-2021)
- Michelle Belanger (Treasurer 2019-2021)
- Max Triola (Director-at-Large, Position #1 2019-2021
- Jean Pirtle – (Director-at-Large, Position #2 2018-2020 as of 5/21/2019)
- Laurence Ching – (Director-at-Large, Position #3 2018-2020 as of 5/26/2019)
The Nominating Committee will notify the Recording Secretary of the slate of candidates in writing fifteen (15) days prior to the Annual Meeting which is scheduled to be held on 8 July 2020. Upon receipt of the slate, the Recording Secretary will, on 23 July 2020, notify all members, prior to the Annual Meeting.
Please renew your membership at least 24 hours prior to the General Membership Meeting. Simplest to renew online at https://houstonhighlandgames.com/join/ Please note, the MailChimp email you received is personalized and shows the last date of your dues payment (and the end of your name in the header).
On 10 Apr 2020 a Motion was submitted to the HHGA Board of Directors via email, to-wit: a) Vote to cancel HHGA’s scheduled Games Day of Sep 26, 2020, and to re-schedule sometime in 2021; (b) request refund of $2000 deposit from Humble Civic Center. This motion was approved on 17 Apr 2020. Subsequently the refund was requested and payment is currently being processed.
At this time no funded events are scheduled for 2020. It is anticipated that funding will be available to support another Solo Piping Contest at STES in February 2021.
The Annual General Membership Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 8 July 2020. At this time it is unknown whether this meeting will be held in person at a public facility, or online via Zoom or similar virtual tool.
Courage to you all. Have faith that we all can soon enjoy a more relaxed environment and wise social interaction in support of government guidelines and common sense! – mwd